Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Still Finding Scorpions

I'm so glad we made a rule to wear shoes outside at all times (not that they obey at all times). We have a small patio area where they can ride their scooters and get some fresh air. A few weeks back when they were cleaning up Avery came running in saying there was a scorpion on the ground. When I went outside to investigate I found this dead scorpion right where they were playing.

We came to the conclusion that Aliza must have stepped on him while playing. Luckily she did have her shoes on and didn't even realize that she had done it. This guy was one of the largest we have found here in Vegas.

Micah made this fun contraption to scoop it up with. They really are fascinating to look at but ohhh so creepy. We are up to a total of 11 scorpions found since our move. Just when I forget about them one will show up unexpectedly and freak me out. Last week I found a little one by our back door that was very mad. As I scooped him up to take him outside he had his tail up ready to strike. We will start spraying for bugs soon and hopefully the scorpions will leave to find food elsewhere.

I had to throw in a picture of Aliza's new face she pulls when I ask her to smile for a picture. Silly Girl!!!