Sunday, March 14, 2010

Abbie's 9th Birthday!

I just can't believe that our Abbie turned 9 years old last month. Her birthday was drawn out into several parties, and luckily we were able to celebrate with both family and friends.

We started out her birthday celebrations while visiting in Utah for their cousin Tobins Baptism. We were able to have dinner with my side of the family (of course forgot my camera) at one of her favorite spots, The Old Spaghetti Factory. The next morning we were able to bring my mom home with us for a visit. We love having guests.

Micah was going to be out of town for her actual birthday, so we celebrated the day before with her favorite meal. She chose Ravioli with garlic bread with a chocolate cake for desert. It was fun to let her plan her own menu and of course she made us all wear party hats for the occasion. When my mom and I hit the outlets that day we found this fun cupcake/cake mold. The sparkler candles were a fun touch.

I love that Abbie is at the age that she likes getting clothes for her birthday. She loves anything with peace signs. I really do think this girl is going to single handedly save the world. Her new church shoes were one of her favorites. They do have a slight heel on them which makes her feel even older. She keeps telling me that she is almost a teenager. Wow-I need a few more years to just prep for that one.

Webkins are one of her favorites also. This is her newest pet "Stripes".

Two weeks after her birthday Abbie and Avery went off track for school and the girls and I made a fun trip to Utah to spend with family. We decided that it would be a good time to celebrate a late birthday for Abbie and an early birthday for Aliza (March 21st). It was kind of right in the middle so we headed to Leatherby's to celebrate with the Phillips side of the family.

I love the big glob of gum in her cheek in this picture. She wasn't going to part with it for even just one picture. I can't believe that our baby is turning three so soon. Time really does go too fast.

After Leatherby's all the cousins headed to the farm at Thanksgiving Point which was really fun, but windy. We are so glad that everyone came to see us.

Friends are really important to Abbie, even more so than for our other girls (so far anyway--of course, Aliza makes friends with anyone and everyone so it isn't an issue for her). Abbie has made a lot of friends at school, but they are not people we really know or could even make play dates with. So, when I asked her about her friend party she asked if she could please see her old friends in Utah. I felt like that was reasonable since we were headed that way anyway so we took two of her good friends bowling. I had such a great time just hearing them giggle and enjoy each other.

Abbie's little fingers kept slipping out of her hand when she would swing it back to bowl. I was laughing so hard because several times the ball would go rolling backwards into her friends. Luckily no one was hurt and we got a few good laughs.

Cute Friends!!!

2 comments:

Jenni S

SO cute! I love the cupcake cake! That is adorable. Happy birthday to your girls too. I can't believe how old they are getting! That's so nice she got to party with some friends too, how cute.

Amy

Happy birthday to your girls! They are growing up too fast! Abby and Kelsie are so much the same. Kelsie loves anything with peace signs and webkinz as well. Next time you are in town and have time, give us a call. We would love to see you guys.