Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yesterday we had the opportunity to take our family to the Draper Temple open house.  When Abbie was really little we would always drive by the Jordan River Temple on our way home from family parties. Unfortunately we don't do it as often as we used to, but we just drive by and talk about the temple on our way home.  One night when I asked her if she wanted to see the temple she of course agreed, and then as we were driving away burst into tears because she thought I meant we could actually go to the temple and go inside.  It was a long drive home that night trying to explain why we just couldn't go inside. Ever since that day years ago we have been looking forward to a time where we could all go inside the temple.  After many years of waiting we were able to go and had such a great time.  I'm always so amazed at the organization and the amount of volunteers it takes to run an open house.  It was of course beautiful and a wonderful experience for our family.  If your thinking about going and live in the area you need to go.  It's worth it!

3 comments:

Jenni S

I'm so glad you got to go. Kaleb has been the same way. He's always wanted to go in. There were no more tickets available for when we were going to be down. I was so sad. Hopefully we'll get to go to the other one that's being built over there when it's done.

Emily

I'm so jealous that you guys were able to go through! I really wanted to go through this open house, but now I'll just have to make sure and do a session there sometime!

What a great event for your kids!

Beverly B.

It makes me miss UT.