Sunday, February 22, 2009

This past week actually felt like Spring. I know that groundhog saw his shadow, and there will still be a few more storms and cold days but just knowing it is so close makes me sooo happy.  My girls were actually able to play outside a bit, and we took a few walks without having to bundle up too much.  The fresh air is so great!  One of our favorite things to do is visit the Farm and Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.  We have been buying a family pass every other year so we can head over there whenever we want to.  We just renewed our pass for a year so we kicked it off with a visit to the Farm and the Dinosaur Museum in one day.  Micah was needing to get some homework done at home, so why not do both?  We left him at home and had a girls day visiting the animals.

I tried to capture Aliza's excitement whenever she would see an animal, but couldn't quite get it.  I was laughing the whole time at her little body running from place to place just so full of excitment.  Her little arm was waving to all of the animals saying "hi cow, hi horse, hi bunny, hi bird (chickens)"  and then she would put her hand over her mouth and giggle loudly.  So cute!




I think their favorite part on the farm is feeding the animals.  The goats just eat it right out of your hand.  It gets very slobbery, but they love it.

This is Aliza's first experience on a horse.  I wasn't sure if she would like it or not, but as soon as the horse started walking she yelled "weeeee" the entire 3 minute ride.  It was a very long 3 minutes for mom trying to walk next to her.  For some reason her horse wanted to walk me right through the poop every time around.  I couldn't get around it.  I came home with souvenirs on my shoes that I couldn't get off.  I don't think that pair of shoes will ever recover.

Ride Em Cowgirl!

I love that we get a yearly pass because there is so much to do and learn at the dinosaur museum that we just can't do it all in one day.  With the attention span of only a few minutes we learn a little bit here and there and just keep on moving.  Hopefully every time we go we can learn a little bit more.

Aliza was more fascinated with pushing the stroller than actually looking at any of the dinosaurs.  She just had to do it all by herself.

We had a great day, and we can't wait to do it all again real soon.  Let us know if anyone wants to join us next time.  We love to go with friends.

6 comments:

Laura Ayers

We did the same exact thing all day Saturday! Is that when you were there? We almost upgraded to a membership so we can go back, because the kids had so much fun :) We didn't, but we'd still love to go back.

The Kohler Family

I have been thinking about getting a pass to Thanksgiving Point..looks like fun and definately worth the money!

Jenni S

What a fun girls day out! I love seeing the little ones around animals too. SO CUTE! I think my Katelin and your Aliza would have a blast together. One day we'll get together, one day!

rachel

Looks like fun, I keep thinking we should get a pass. Seriously, we live so close!

Julie Hunt

How fun. My kids keep asking if we can go there on our next visit. It has been a few years since we were there. Ah, spring, yes, I think we are all ready for it to come! :)

Lindz

Glad that you guys are finally getting some warmer weather...I'm sure it's so nice to get out of the house! We miss Thanksgiving Point!! =( And Aliza is getting SO big!!