Thursday, January 29, 2009

Off To Disneyland

I haven't blogged in a really long time.  Life has been busy and uneventful.   This week has been full of taking care of sick kids.  Avery came down with what I thought was the stomach flu on Sunday night and has been soooo sick ever since.  With me thinking it was the stomach flu I was just waiting for it to pass.  After three days I finally took her to the doctor to find out it is strep throat.  She is so lethargic and miserable I feel bad we didn't get her the medicine sooner.  I was so nervous that Abbie was going to be sick because she headed off to Disneyland with her Grammie and Grammps Phillips today.  On the Philliips side of the family they take the grandkids to Disneyland when they are turning eight years old.  So Abbie and her cousin Zayden got to go this year. Talk about a great birthday present. Going to Disney and spending quality time with their grandparents is an awesome gift.  All week I just knew she was going to be sick. Luckily we had her tested right before she left (9:30p.m.) and she doesn't have it yet. She has had a fever the last few days so the doctor was nice enough to start her on a prescription.  That way if she does get sick it won't ruin her trip.   She has been looking forward to this trip for such a long time I was just devastated to even think of her being sick.   When she woke up this morning she was feeling great and couldn't wait to get on that plane (even if she had to get up at 3:15 a.m. this morning.)   Lets all keep our finger crossed that she stays well.


I had to take a picture of her before she left in her "High School Musical" shirt.  I'm kind of sad that I can't be there with her experiencing the magic of Disneyland, but she is going to have such a great time.  

7 comments:

Julie Hunt

How fun for Abbie! That IS a great birthday present!

Amy

She is turning 8 already ?!?! That is so crazy!!! I'm glad your kids are getting the meds to feel better, that's so hard when they are sick like that.

Emily

That is too bad about Avery - I hope she's feeling better and that none of you get it - especially Abbie! I bet they'll have a blast in Disneyland!

Jenni S

Oh, that is so neat they do that for the grandkids turning 8!!! How neat. I hope she doesn't get sick either and just enjoys it all. She looks so grown up.

The Kohler Family

How awesome! I can't beleive she is turning 8. What a fun tradition to have!

Elisabeth

How fun for her! Drew's had strep, must be going around.

Nielson

I can't believe she's 8!! And how fun to go to Disneyland!