Friday, January 16, 2009

Too old for a kids meal :(

A few of our night this week were really long due to Micah starting back into school (only 15 weeks left until graduation,  YAHOO!!!).  The days get really long when he doesn't get home so I decided to take the girls to McDonald's for dinner; any excuse I can find to break up the routine and get us out of the house makes me happy.  Plus, they just received McDonald's gift certificates they were dying to use (thanks grandma). We rarely eat at McDonald's so they were thrilled.  As we were looking over the menu trying to decide Abbie said  "I just want a hamburger and drink mom".  I mentioned she could get a kids meal and she didn't want one.  What!  She doesn't want that stupid little toy anymore that she used to be thrilled with?   If she is getting old, so am I.  It's a sad day when your kids are too old for kids meals.

6 comments:

rachel

Yeah for you, I am sick of throwing those lame toys away after they are asleep! Anyway, I feel your pain, Jason works late too. Call me, we can go to mcdonalds together!

Jenni S

I can't even imagine my kids not wanting one. Even though we don't always get them for them, they still want them! She really is growing up.

Marci

Andrew gets a double cheeseburger and fries. He doesn't get the kids meal because it doesn't fill him up. Your lucky she only wanted a hamburger.

Julie Hunt

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up - almost over night it seems at times.

The Smith's

Hey- This might solve her dilemma- THE MIGHTY KIDS MEAL. This is Brenner's new happy medium- Six nuggets instead of four and a bigger fry- and he still gets the silly toy! I dread the day that he decides that he wants the Big Mack meal supersized that will cost me $7 instead of $3! Too Funny!

Elena

Those girls are adorable. Ben and Garrett aren't so much into the kids meals either. They figure they can get more food if they go off the dollar menu. But, we're with you - McDonalds trips are few and far between.