Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Our family welcomed in 2009, and had all the kids asleep by 9:00 p.m. Micah and I have never been real crazy about big parties to welcome in the new year.  We figure it will come by morning if we stay up to bang pots together or not.  Maybe we are just big party poopers, but I'm sure it will change as our kids get older.  As for now they need their sleep. Micah took the two older girls to a movie, and I was able to have lunch with my mom and Aunt Mavis who was visiting from out of town.  We ended the day with a fun dinner together as a family with Martinelli's and poppers.  (We really know how to party.)  

Aliza has really been on this kick of doing something she knows will hurt and then asking "are you ok?"  It is really hilarious when you're not the one getting pinched or squeezed.  

This really is not a good picture of Abbie, but look at that great action shot.

When doing poppers the best part is making a huge mess of all the stringy stuff.  It wouldn't be a party without stringing it all over the house, right?
We hope that you all had a very Happy New Year!  
We look forward to all our memories in 2009.  

5 comments:

Jenni S

That looks like what we did for our little family New Years party. The kids love those poppers. I didn't get any pictures though, my camera was still from Christmas. I wish we would have been able to get together while we were in town, but we had to get our van fixed before we headed home. So we were stranded. I should have had you guys come over to my moms! Don't you love delayed thinking?! Next time, next time for sure.

Amy

Happy New Year to you as well. :) Looks like you had fun even without the late-night party. We need to get together soon.

Charlotte

Hey, you finally went public! I am so happy to see your blog! I feel like I haven't lived by your family forever because your girls have changed so much, I hardly recognize them. I am glad I can keep up now!

Emily

Well you did beat us to bed by about an hour and a half - Dave and I were out by 10:30p.m. Taylor, Tessa and Zoee did not pick the party house to be at this year! :)

Sounds like it was the perfect celebration for you guys!

EMILY

Julie Hunt

Ah, poppers. Good for you. They are outlawed at my house. (I hate messes. I know I am a bad mom and my kids will one day need therapy for it!)