Thursday, August 9, 2012

St. George Phillips Family Trip 2012

July 26th we headed to St. George for our annual Phillips family summer get together. Now that we are all living in different cities we really look forward to this time when we can all be together. Especially my kids because they are with their very favorite people...their cousins. Micah's brother David put together a 5K run which was really fun. The weather was beautiful that morning, and everyone enjoyed some outdoor exercise. Well, everyone enjoyed it except Aliza who hid in the bushes the entire time. Which therefore meant I missed my opportunity to shine, because I had to stay back with her. Next year watch out, because I may just win. 


These two cute girls were joined at the hip the entire trip. Avery and Zaylie have turned into being the best of friends. There were definite tears when Avery had to say good bye.


Micah and Zayden were in the lead the entire race. Micah of course had to give us a flash every time he passed. You can always count on Micah to throw some sort of shocking thing at you. They were the official winners. Congrats guys!


Micah's mom put together these fabulous shirts for the race. Everyone looked FANTASTIC! My favorite part of the weekend was meeting my cute little neice Bailey for the first time. We were able to to attend her blessing that Sunday, which was wonderful. That evening we got cleaned up for family pictures that I can't wait to see.


Abbie is always in charge of our talent show which has turned into a minute to win it game the past two years. Here are a few of the highlights:


Water balloon toss



Bubble blowing contest


Yo Yo's


Coloring a self portrait with your eyes closed, the classic oreo game, putting a puzzle together with gloves on, tissue box and toilet paper unrolling game were there too. The past two years it has ended with a silly string fight. I think my kids would agree that their favorite parts of the weekend were swimming in the many pools and just hanging out with their cousins. It was a great weekend of yummy food and great company. Thank you so much Grammie and Gramps for a wonderful vacation!

1 comments:

Jenni S

That is too cute that you guys do your own 5k WITH t-shirts!! I love that. I'll have to pass that on to the Simmons, I think they would be all over that. Looks like a super fun time!