Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of School 2012

I'm still in shock that we have a daughter in middle school, but it's true. Abbie woke up at 4am the morning school started, and couldn't go back to sleep. You would think it was nerves (maybe a little), but she claims that it was because she was so excited. When I picked her up from the first day, she said "I can't wait to do that again tomorrow." She is loving her classes, and is very excited to be able to wear whatever she wants rather than uniforms.


Avery was really not excited to start school again this year. When I walked her onto the playground the first day I could just see the discouragement in her face. Luckily, she is absolutely loving her teacher Mrs. Manly, and has had a smile on her face ever since. She has a lot of friends in her class which she is loving. I think it's going to be a great year for her.


Our baby started Kindergarten......it was a hard day for mom. Aliza has Mrs. Newby this year, and so far she is very excited to go every day. The only hard part is that we drop Abbie off at 7:00am, Avery off at 7:30am, and then she has to wait all the way until 11:30am to go to school. Those hours in between are really hard for her because she wants to go too. I will need to come up with some kind of schedule of things to do to keep her busy for those few hours before it's her turn to go to school. Any suggestions?


I don't know how we lucked out, but Aliza has all of her primary friends in her kindergarten class. I'm still wondering how that all worked out so well. She has 18 kids in her class which I thought was a pretty good number, and her best friend Violet is in there too. I think this is going to be a good year for Aliza also.


Today (the second day of school), Aliza was insistent that we needed to take pictures again. She posed for about 10 pictures, and I thought I would post one so grandma's could see her cute new hair cut. I know I'm bias, but I think she's pretty cute.

2 comments:

Jenni S

CUTE kids! That IS amazing that all Aliza's primary friends are in her class. Now here, they are all in the same class too, BUT there's only ONE class...hahahaha! So much fun.

Melissa

They all look so cute!! I can not believe how big they are all getting!