Thursday, August 13, 2009

Visiting Dad

With it being Micah's last week of work in downtown Salt Lake I decided we needed to take a day trip to the city. We wouldn't have gotten the full experience without riding public transportation to and from his work. Aliza was so excited to ride on "the train," as she called it. She was so excited until we actually got on. For a few minutes she was insisting that we needed to get off "the train." Handing her something to munch on out of my purse to distract her we were off. Then of course after a few minutes she thought it was great.

My sweet girls.

I'm starting to realize that I am never in any of our pictures. When my kids are older they will be wondering who took them from place to place. With that being said I have been trying to take pictures with me in them. Not a fantastic picture, but I can prove that I was there with them.

We did get downtown early enough that we were able to walk around to see the beautiful flowers on temple square before meeting up with Micah. The girls loved looking at all the water fountains. We then met up with Micah for a quick lunch together. I felt a little out of place with everyone in their business attire, but we had a great time.

Micah and I celebrated out 10th anniversary on August 6th. When I look at this picture it reminds me of the picture we have of us standing in the same spot on our wedding day (our scanner is broken or I would love to have posted it). It's crazy how time flies, and what we have accomplished in the past 10 years. I feel so lucky to have our little girls with us now. What a great day!

4 comments:

Melissa

How sad that it is Micah's last week of work here. Good thing you guys spent the day up in Salt Lake.

What a great idea to try to get yourself in some pictures. I am never in our either.

Such a cute picture of your girls infront of the temple. That would have been awesome to see the same one of you and Micah!! Maybe later!

Emily

I totally want to see that picture of you and Micah in front of the temple, I don't know if I ever have. Crazy how 10 years later you've got three beautiful girls and have accomplished so much - and now you're headed on a new adventure! I guess time flies when you're having fun.

Amy

How fun for your girls. That was on our list to do this summer, but we didn't quite make it. Adorable pics of your girls and you. We need to get together very soon.

Jenni S

What a fun day together. 10 years!?! Wow.