Thursday, August 13, 2009

At The Beach

Today we were able to go to a small little beach in Herriman discovered by my sister in-law who lives there. Tucked back in behind some homes is a small lake of sorts with a beach. We had a great time playing in the sand, swimming, and relaxing.

This is a picture of my poor niece Taylor who was stung by a bee right after we arrived. They were just swarming around her. She was very worried that she would get stung again so covered herself with beach towels. After realizing that it must be the sunscreen they were attracted to she spent the rest of the time in the hot car.

This is Aliza with her cousin Tobin. He was making her a big hole to sit in. She of course thought it was the greatest.

Tessa, Tevyn, and Abbie floating around.

Aliza loved running up and down the shore yelling "splash" as her legs splashed in the water.

Tobin and Avery building a spectacular sand castle.

At one point during swimming Abbie did get a little bit too far from the shore. The lake wasn't that big, but with the wind factor Abbie was in a panic. Luckily Tessa came to her rescue. We had such a fun time at the beach. It's too bad we hadn't discovered this great place until end of Summer vacation. I hope we can visit there again soon.

4 comments:

Melissa

I want to know where that is, it looks like so much fun!

Nielson

That looks like fun! I love your train ride too--I need to do that soon. And I'm so glad you got in on the picture--it turned out great and it's good to remember what you look like :)

The Kohler Family

Where's the beach??? It looks like so much fun! What a fun day in the city with your girls..I'm too much of a chicken to do that. Maybe one of these years I will get brave enough! :)

Emily

I didn't know there was a beach in Herriman? Is it the one by Day Break? It looks like a ton of fun - too bad for Taylor getting stung, I still hate bees myself and avoid them like crazy!