Sunday, May 24, 2009

?What?

I am really terrible at keeping a journal and although I love to scrapbook who has the time? I also have a really bad memory a lot of the time, so blogging is my way of recording our silly adventures as a family.  This is only in here so that I remember our silly conversation. Yesterday Abbie and I were walking through the neighborhood. As we were talking she looked over at her friends back yard and said "their back yard is so nice, what the hell?!"  What?  Did I just hear what I thought I heard? I found it horrifying and very humorous at the same time.  As a good parent would I tried soooo hard to keep a straight face, get down at eye level and tell her that she should not be talking that way.  But, I failed.  I just couldn't hold it in. Two seconds ago we were talking about flowers and her school friends and bam she completely caught me off guard. When I told her that she was saying a bad word she looked at me like I was crazy. I just wonder how many times she's used the phrase before I heard her saying it. 

Later that day we took a trip the Spaghetti Factory.  All was well until our meal came.  Right then our sweet little Aliza leaned over the bench and belched really loud into the neighboring table. I know she didn't mean to, but whose kids are these?  The ladies in the neighboring bench were not impressed. That was followed by Abbie accidentally taking a big sip of Aliza's milk and it making her sick to her stomach and she was dry heaving.  Then the milk was spilled all over the floor, and  during all of this Abbie felt like she was going to throw up.  Avery shout's out loudly "someone get her a big bowl." Aliza then is doing everything she can to not sit in her chair and continues to peek over to those nice friendly ladies next to us.  Who doesn't want to play peek a boo with a two year old you don't know during a meal?  I'm sure they were just wanting us to leave.  Really, our kids are not bad.  In fact the other day I was thinking that it was getting so much easier to go out and do things. They are well behaved most of the time. I think we were just having an off day (I hope). We left that poor restaurant in such a mess. Whose kids are these anyway?

7 comments:

Amy

I could not stop laughing at your post!!! I know where Abby gets that from, you say it all the time. ;) You have perfect little angels! They are so cute and sweet. You are lucky that they aren't boys that shout potty things and think it is so funny (mine are getting past that stage . . . finally). I know what you mean though. I start thinking that my kids do okay when we go out so I will venture on my own with all 4 kids . . . bad idea. That always seems to be the day that they are having a difficult time and I wonder how I will make it through the next five seconds.

Kelli

It must've been my yard she was so impressed with cause it makes me cuss all the time =)
That is so funny though...My kids have all cussed and I can't help but bust out in giggles even though I am trying so hard to tell them it's not funny!
Sometimes it's not even cuss words, it's mean name calling that I don't know where they could have gotten it from! Especially my little Mailee! How did she learn to call someone a Baby Butt Face? How? I've never heard that in my life before she said it...
Kids say the darndest things =)

Charlotte

That was hilarious, thanks for sharing! I had to read it to Rick and we were both laughing.

Marci

Classic. Loved It. We've all been there...at least I hope we've all been there and it isn't just us! Sorry again about the other night.

Jenni S

Oh man, thanks for the laugh!!! :)

Melissa

That sounds so funny, but I am sure it wasn't at the time! Even when kids are good, there has to be those times that make a parent feel like, "what else could happen...". I can just picture you guys with all that going on, and those ladies not being to happy. I say who cares!! I they can not remember those moments from their own lives, and just smile, that is their own problem. Who could be mad at kids as cute as yours? I love your girls. They don't come any cutier! I just love hearing that these moments happen to others, and not just me.

Emily

Oh yeah - I totally busted up laughing and told Dave all about it. How funny!