Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend this year was great. It was the first weekend that I have really been able to notice a difference from Micah not being in school.  We were able to spend a lot of fun family time together without other obligations in the way.  The whole weekend was fun. Micah was able to work on some projects in the yard that he has just never had the time for until now. We woke up on Monday morning and went to Micah's parents for a delicious breakfast with the Phillips side of the family.  This kids had a great time playing with their cousins.  It worked out great because the kids were able to tank up before we headed to the Zoo.  The weather was beautiful, and of course the Zoo was crowded. I expected it to be crowded, but wow! I think everyone in the whole state decided it would be a great day for the Zoo. Despite the many people we really had a great time.

This is Avery right before our Zoo adventures.

I brought the wagon for Aliza, but the cooler ended up being a great seat for both Abbie and Avery.  Most of the trip all three were on board the wagon ride.  With the steep hills this was a challenge, but worked out great.

This is Abbie's impersonation of a tortoise.
(She must think tortoises are angry animals.)

What a great dad to join in on the fun.

Again, a great shot of Abbie.  The elephant sneezed and sprayed water at us right as I took this picture.  For some reason Aliza was very disturbed with this large elephant. She wanted to keep going over to see it, but would hold on to me for dear life.

You can't go to the zoo without a train ride.

Aliza has had such a fascination with trains lately.  I'm so glad we were able to take a ride. 

Throughout the day Aliza was so cute saying hello to all the animals. She would use one finger to wave and say "hi monkey," "hi duck" or "hi giraffe."
 
We came home that evening and had a BBQ with just our little family.  What a perfect day!

7 comments:

Kelli

So fun! I can't get over Abbie's tortoise face =) She is a silly girl!

Jamie

Very cute pictures. Definitely a perfect day.

Melissa

From all of your cute pictures, it looks like you had a great time. The zoo looks so nice. I guess they have made some changes since I was last there. I need to take my kids there soon!

Nielson

I better get there before it gets too hot! It looks like you guys had a blast and I love the sound of relief in your voice now that Micah has graduated :) Talk to me in a year :)

Emily

I haven't been to the zoo forever! It looks like you guys had so much fun - what a great way to spend time together and celebrate Micah's freedom from school.

The Smith's

What cute and fun pictures! As we have said before~ your Girls are beautiful! Did they finaly give Hogle Zoo a much needed face lift, I don't remember that fun snorting elephant?

Amy

What a fun day for you and your family. That's funny about Aliza and the elephant, Olivia was the same way.