Saturday, April 25, 2009

Federation 2009

Abbie and Avery had the opportunity to participate in Federation this Saturday.  The National Federation of Music Clubs holds an event each year at the U of U for violin students (and other musical instruments) to perform and get critiqued by judges.  This was Avery's first year to participate, and we are so proud of her.  She is our shy little girl and was very nervous.  When it came her turn she asked politely if she could go last. She then was only motivated to play her pieces when her father mentioned we would be going for ice cream afterward.  I guess after he mentioned ice cream she popped right out of her seat to the front of the room and played really well (she is definitely her mothers daughter). Avery did such a great job, and received a Superior rating, which is the highest.

Abbie also received a Superior rating for the 3rd year in a row.  She will be receiving a trophy this year for her three Superior ratings.  Each year I usually sit in as a judge, and love watching the children perform.  At the last minute I was assigned to Abbie and Avery's room to judge.  It was so great to be able to hear them perform.  Don't worry, I did not critique my own children and that's why they did well. They were rated on two judges critiquing rather than three.  We are all relieved to have Federation behind us for another year. Congratulations girls!!!

8 comments:

Kelli

That is awesome! Kalyse does Suzuki piano and is actually going to her graduation this evening =)
She is the only one with any musical ability in our family! So I don't know a thing about music theory or what is happening 1/2 the time, but I am very impressed with the Suzuki method.

The Kohler Family

Wow...Your girls sure have talent! On a side note, I LOVE Avery's little hair-do!

Beverly B.

Your kids are so adorable. I'm so proud.

Jenni S

How neat! I would love to hear them play. That's so wonderful that they love it so much too. I bet you are so proud of them.

The Smith's

Hey Kenzy~
We have just signed Brenner and Cayden up for piano and I hope we have as much luck with it as you have had with your girls and Music. You should also check out my response to your last post on our blog, your comments brought back some great memories for me!

Jamie

Congratulations. Such sweet pictures and such sweet girls.

Emily

Congratulations to both of the girls - that is great at their age to be able to participate and to both do so well! I love hearing them play!

Annette and Del

CONGRATULATIONS AVERY AND ABBIE!!

What songs did you play? I teach violin and I love to play! We will have to play together some day! Yeah for the two of you! You should be very proud of yourselves. I like to bribe my students with candy and cookies. Next time I will try ice-cream. Annette & Del