Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter is such a great time of year. The countdown to Easter started about a week ago and we just couldn't wait to spend time together as a family.  Our wonderful Easter weekend always starts with coloring the eggs. Of course no one ever really eats the eggs at our house, but they look beautiful. Abbie discovered this year why we use that little dipper thing to get the eggs in and out of the cups.  For some reason it didn't click until her fingers were all different colors and she couldn't wash it off.
Aliza was right in there with her big sisters dipping the eggs.

These are some of Avery's favorites.  

We have a tradition in the Phillips family of an annual Easter egg hunt. We all look forward to it every year because it's not like your traditional egg hunt.  Micah's parents are kind enough to hide eggs with money in them for an adult egg hunt.  It's kind of a funny sight because the kids do their hunt first, and while they are looking at their eggs the adults literally run around the yard like crazy hoping to find some big money.  It stayed pretty calm this year, but in past years there have been injuries. I have been literally taken out, and pushed out of the way quite a few times. We take it very seriously.  In the end some of the older nieces and nephews joined in on the adult hunt and all took home the big bills.  I don't know how they all scored that one.  We decided they need their own hunt next year.  My eggs always end up being the one dollar bills rather than fives or twenties, but I'm definitely not complaining.

On your mark, get set, GO!

They were all kind enough to let Aliza have a bit of a head start.  She was so excited that she just ran around the yard screaming instead of picking up the eggs.  We all got a good laugh.






7 comments:

The Kohler Family

How fun! I set up an egg hunt in our backyard this year and the kids LOVED it! I think we will definately make it a tradition..I definately like the idea of an adult egg hunt with money!!

The Smith's

Man~ 20 Dollar Bills? Can I participate next year? How Fun, and what a great idea! Next year we need to do an adult hunt to.

Amy

That is so cute about Aliza! This is such a fun age. The adult egg hunt is a great idea! Mabye a little too dangerous though. ;)

Nielson

I'm inviting myself to your family egg hunt--would that be weird??? :)Your girls look like they had a blast too.

Jenni S

That is so funny. You guys always have such fun family parties!

Emily

Yay! I'm so glad you posted pictures, I've been wondering how the easter egg hunt went! It sounds like it was a lot less violent, but a ton of fun! :) It also looks like you guys had a great Easter with dying eggs, etc. I hope I am as good a mom as you are when it comes to holiday traditions!

Julie Hunt

I love the adult egg hunt idea!