Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Aliza's Surgery Day

We are so relieved today to have made it through Aliza's surgery.  We are so grateful that everything went well and our little one is feeling better today.  For those of you who were asking questions, Aliza had a small surgery to remove a  epigastric hernia.  It really wasn't a huge deal but to all the moms out there you know that whenever it's your child it's a big deal.  I didn't realize how stressed I was about it and how obvious it was until after the surgery.  Micah and I were laughing last night about all the phone calls making sure I was okay.  When we got to Primary Children's Monday morning Aliza of course was very hungry.  An hour later when they finally called us back to prep her for the surgery I think she could tell something was up because she just screamed.  They had to give her a quick acting sedative before they even took her back to the OR.  We had to leave her screaming which didn't help the situation.

This is Aliza one minute before the next picture.

Is that fast working stuff or what?  That sedative kicked in so fast.  The poor little thing.  When we were in the waiting room Aliza became very attached with this Elmo coloring book.  We couldn't get it away from her.  Needless to say when she came to her first word was Elmo.  That tells you where we stand.  We even had to bring it home with us.  I promise we will replace it when we go back next week for her follow up appointment.

In the recovery room all of the nurses were laughing at her relaxed pose.  She kept putting her hand behind her head like she was sitting on the beach.  They had to keep her other hand covered because she wanted to rip out her IV whenever she got a glimpse at it.

We made it through and are so grateful that we have healthy children.  After being in the hospital for pretty much the whole day it sure makes you think about how lucky we are to be healthy and well.  Aliza is doing amazingly well today.  In fact I expected her to just want to sit around all day taking it easy, but no way.  She has been running around trying to keep up with her sisters.  Every once in a while she will stop and say "owie," but it's not slowing her down much at all.  We are glad to have this all behind us.

11 comments:

Beverly B.

What a sweetie! I'm glad that she's okay. Surgery is always scary.

Jenni S

Oh, I'm glad that's over with. What a little sweetie pie.

rachel

She looks so sweet in those pictures, glad it is over with and everything went well!

Jamie

I am so glad everything went well. I haven't had to go through anything like that, but I know just sitting in the emergency room with a child is aweful. I am glad everything is over and she is doing so well.

The Smith's

I is also so great to be able to see you and your family again. And I am glad Eliza's surgery went well. Yes we take for granted how lucky we are for are healthy children. Your girls are so beautiful, so if you are up for 2 arranged marriage I have 2 for ya!! You are now on are friend list so we can keep in touch. Does Lana have a blog?? If so what is it? Nikki

Katy

Kenzy,
I'm glad everything went well and you don't have to reschedule, AGAIN! When McKay was hospitilized for a week in Texas, it was hard not having any family and Kreg so busy with school. And when he had surgery last Feb. that was hard too. I am so glad Aliza is surrounded by everyone to love her. Good Luck!

Lindz

Poor little thing! I'm so glad that everything went well...what a relief I am sure! She looks so cute in the little hospital bed and I can't believe how BIG she is getting!!

Laura Ayers

Thank you sooooooo mcuh for the beautiful bracelet for Isabella- it was very kind of you guys to send that. It was great to get your cute card too. I'm so glad that Aliza is done with surgery- we've had a few too & it's horrible to watch your kids be scared & in pain. :(

Emily

I am so glad that everything went well! I've been wondering, but totally forgot to call and see how everything worked out! Oops, it's good to know it finally happened, I'm sure it's such a relief!

EMILY

Marci

Wow...our ward sure has a lame RS president and your home teacher isn't doing his job! I'm sorry we didn't know about Aliza and her surgery. Is there anything you guys need? We're glad things went well and that Aliza is recovering so quickly.

Julie Hunt

I am so glad that all is well!