Thursday, December 11, 2008

Temple Square

I am always so grateful for opportunities to head to Salt Lake and see Temple Square.  Every year Abbie and Avery get to play at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building the first Monday in December.  (I'm slow I know)  We stayed and made it a whole family night seeing all the sights and lights of course.  This is the only picture I got of them with their violins that wasn't too dark.  

Temple Square is always so peaceful and beautiful.  I was so glad we had the opportunity to start out the Christmas season thinking of why we celebrate this time of year.  Our girls were just fascinated with the nativity scene.  Abbie kept asking to watch it over and over again.  With President Hinckley doing the narrating who wouldn't want to stay and listen to it over and over.  

Avery was closing her eyes in all of the pictures so I told her to keep her eyes open wide.  That was the wrong thing to say because when I looked at the pictures that evening I realized she now looks like a deer in the headlights in almost every picture.  Oh Well..... I think she's cute either way.

Dad and his girls.

It was a beautiful night.  I can't wait until next year.

7 comments:

The Smith's

Hey guys-

Glad to see that little Aliza made it through her surgery and hope all is well with her. Your trip to temple square and all the lights makes us wish we were back in Utah. =) Your Blog is so cute and it looks like we have the same taste in backgrounds!

Love the Smiths

The Smith's

Hey by the way, do you still see John and Lanna at all? If so how are they? Do you know if they have a blog? Hope to get a Christmas card from them this year as sadly that is the only time we hear from them, now with the magic of Blogging we are back in touch with you guys and that feels great!

The Smiths

Jenni S

Those are such cute pictures. I think that is so cute about Avery's eyes. What an obedient child!

Nielson

Your girls are so adorable! I love those big open eyes--and they are so cute with their violins--would love to hear them play sometime!

Jamie

Such pretty pictures. I love temple square. It is always so beautiful.

Emily

That is so cool that the girls get to perform at the Joseph Smith Memorial building, and what a fun family tradition to see Temple Square afterwards each year. I definitely miss walking through and seeing the lights - it looks beautiful this year!

EMILY

Julie Hunt

I love Temple Square! Being away, that is one place I miss during the holiday's. Cute pictures!