Monday, June 3, 2013

Crazy Mom


Yes, this is how I wore my glasses one day. Haha I was driving Abbie to school and the sun was really bright, so I put on my sun glasses. The funny thing was that it was so bright that it did noticably get darker when I put them on, so I didn't even notice that one lens was out. I was just talking to Abbie and when I looked over at her she gave me the strangest look. Maybe more of a disgusted, embarrassed, and I can't believe what you are doing look. I then looked in the rear view mirror to see my new fashion statement. She was so embarrassed. I had driven her almost all the way to school that way. Needless to say we still get a laughing really hard when we talk about it. Not the first or last time I really embarrass her I'm sure.


These are my amazing Beehives. We went on a beautiful hike a few weeks back and we had such a great time. They are all amazing young women, and I get teary eyed whenever I even think about getting released someday. I know that day is coming sooner that I would like considering I have been blessed to work with them for over three and a half years, but its still sad. We have four of our young women graduating this year from high school and I can't even tell you how amazing they are. I love working with the young women.


Avery had her book review for the year and passed. I don't know how this young lady does it, but she had to play in front of the Dean of Nevada School of the Arts the last song in her book, a favorite, and one picked out of a hat. Avery had to memorize all the composers of each piece and be prepared to play anything asked of her. She is doing amazing and even Mrs. Mary (the Dean) was commenting on how well she is set up on her violin. I feel like it takes so long to get them set up properly with a perfect/relaxed bow grip, and getting everything working together properly. Now that she is set up well her teacher is ready to just cruise through the books with her. She even started shifting and vibrato exercises which is exciting. Avery's goal is to work really hard and skip right to the advanced orchestra when she enters Middle school. She is awesome!

1 comments:

Jenni S

What a funny/fun update. The sunglasses story is hilarious! I bet those YW love you just the same, it really is a neat experience to serve with them. We have such strong youth, it's really amazing. And Avery IS awesome, that is wonderful!