Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kindergarten Graduation

Aliza's kindergarten graduation was super cute. Aliza was given the part with her friend Gavin to lead the kids in a rap. They would say a lines from below and all the kids would march in repeating what they had said. She did a great job memorizing her part.



We like to learn at school each day
We always do what Ms. Newby says
We do our best when theres work to do
And we like to show it off to you
We help our friends we love to share
Cause we are kids who really care
Oh, Ms. Newby how we love you so
Please, please, please don't you ever go.



As they were given their certificates each student said what they would like to be when they grow up. Aliza said proudly that she would like to be a Veterinarian.  Her best friend Violet would like to be a grocery store worker, and my personal favorite was Richard (the class trouble maker) who wanted to be a  snowman.



Ms. Newby was such a wonderful teacher. Aliza mentioned to me just yesterday that she missed her a lot. In fact I have really enjoyed working with her too over the year, and will miss chatting with her regularly. A little birdie told me that Ms Newby's daughter and Aliza will be in the same first grade class next year. The little birdie also told me that it is going to be an amazing group of kiddos in next years class, but I'm not sure who the teacher is. Our school lets us request teachers so I'm thinking we are in good hands next year too.


Yes, I cried at graduation. I hate that I cry so easily. I held it all together until her teacher read a sweet poem about the school year, then I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. I'm so proud of our Lizzie.




I snapped this picture on my phone when I picked up Abbie on the last day of school. Yeah, Summer is here!!!

1 comments:

Jenni S

A snowman...hahahaha! I cry at that stuff too, its a mom thing I guess. Cute rap, how adorable.