Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break 2012

We headed to Utah for Spring Break this year. The only thing that could have made it better was if Micah could have joined us. The girls and I were able to listen to General Conference on the radio heading to Utah which was wonderful. Conference weekend is always one of my favorite weekend, and I'm always sad when it is over.

We were able to see a movie and dinner with my sister one night, then went to the new City Creek Center in Salt Lake the next day to meet up with my cousins Gina for lunch. It was fun to see the new City Creek, but it was crazy busy with it being brand new. It was beautiful, and I would love to go visit it again when it calms down a little bit.

The girls really wanted to ride trax, so we braved a short trip up and down the street just for fun. We were seated right where the train bends which was kind of scary.

Abbie was holding on for dear life on the turns.

We were able to visit the Church History Museums new children's area. It was packed full of fun activities for the kids. They first were able to pull a handcart which was a fun experience even if it was just in a little circle.

Abbie loved the dancing. They had screen's with instruction on how to do the dance, so they could just follow along to the music. Such a fun idea.

Aliza waited, and waited for a turn to fish off Nephi's boat. She wasn't very aggressive, which is good, but kids kept coming up and butting right in front of her. After waiting a very long time I finally had to just tell two girls that my daughter would like a turn, and asked them to share. It was busy there too.

They loved trying to copy the writing's as if they were abridging the plates.

We had a wonderful week in Utah. I wasn't the best about taking pictures all week, but we kept very busy. One afternoon Abbie and Avery went fishing with my dad which is something they always look forward to doing when we visit. In between conference session we played a lot of games, and the girls took turns driving around my dads golf cart which they look forward to also. We even spent one day in our old neighborhood playing with old friends, and me being able to catch up with friends. It was a great vacation.