Sunday, March 11, 2012

Junior Festival

Avery participated in Nevada's Federation yesterday, and did a fantastic job. This was a shot of her group who performed together, and they all coincidentally have the same teacher. They ended up grouped together because they all used the same accompanist.

Right before they started she leaned over to me and whispered "I just really hope I'm not the first one." The judges then stood up and announce the order of performers, and first on the list was Avery Phillips. She was really disappointed until I pointed out that she will be done first and be able to relax. She got up there like a pro, did everything wonderfully, and got a Superior rating which is the best you can get. She is really excited for next year because if she gets one more superior she will have enough points to receive a trophy.

We surprised her with flowers when she got home, and this is her certificate below. I'm really proud of her, and all of her hard work. She is amazing!