Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thriller

My mom was in town yesterday for a conference she had to attend, and we were able to see her for dinner and a little shopping. It was great to see her, and it reminded me that I never posted anything about our date over Christmas break to see the Michael Jackson Cirque show. She has a birthday right at the beginning of January, so shopping for her can be hard with it being right after Christmas. I had this great idea that we should go see this show while she was in town visiting for Christmas as a early birthday gift.
I have a vivid memory of her when I was younger doing her Saturday morning cleaning, and singing to Michael Jackson. The CD would be blaring, and we would know that mom was cleaning. It was a fun date to see the show together, and we had a good laugh all the way home about some of the dances that were just cheesy and stupid. But the music was fun to hear again, and there were a lot of amazing things in the show too.

After the show I have been turning on Michael Jackson sometimes while getting ready in the mornings. Aliza has now fallen in love with the song Thriller. She calls it "the Halloween song" or "the scary song", and asks for it over and over again. I catch her ever once in awhile blurting out the words "thriller, thriller now." She may be our next generation of Michael Jackson fans.