Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Abbie turns 11

On February 9th, Abbie turned eleven years old. Despite having to go to school, she had a great day.

One fun thing about living away from family is that you receive fun packages in the mail the whole week leading up to your birthday. All three of my kids get so excited when the mailman brings a package or card just for them. We are so lucky to have such wonderful family who go the extra mile to send gifts.

I love her expression in the picture above. She seemed to love everything, and with all her gift cards and money she has purchased stuff to do some redecorating her room, and is saving the rest to buy a kindle.

Her request this year was to have apple pie instead of cake. I have only made pie very few times in my life so I was just glad it turned out.

The Saturday after her birthday we had her friend birthday party at a rock climbing center here in Henderson. Abbie came up with the idea of rock climbing all by herself, and I do have to say that it was a wonderful idea. Every one of the girls seemed to have a great time.

They had instructors that stayed with the girls to make sure they completely understood how to work the equipment, and then just let them loose to climb all over the place. For a while I wasn't sure how I was going to get these girls to come down when the party was over because they were having so much fun, but luckily they were all exhausted after two hours of climbing.

Abbie is a very creative, fun, smart and beautiful daughter. We are so very blessed to have her in our family. I just keep thinking that next year she will be entering Young Women's, and it blows me away that she is getting so big. She is wonderful, and we love her very much.