Sunday, October 23, 2011

This Weekend

Micah's sister, Myndi, and her three kids were able to come spend a day with us yesterday. It was so fun to have family around, and we had a great time at Lake Las Vegas. Abbie has alway's wanted to rent paddle boats there, so she finally got her wish. Aliza couldn't wait to get in a boat. She had her lifejacket on ready to go long before it was her turn.

I love any opportunity to head over to Lake Las Vegas, because it is so beautiful. One of these day's Micah and I are going to have a date there at one of the fancy restaurants. We WILL make it there someday.

This was the first boat load to head out. Myndi, Zoee, Zayden and Abbie were the brave ones to try it first. It was funny to look out and see them going everywhere on the water, and then when they were headed back to shore they were using their arms to paddle because their legs were too tired.

I'm so sad this picture of Aliza and her cousin Zaylie didn't work out. I still posted it because these two just love being together. They patiently waited together for the next boat ride with Micah.

I was a little worried about my back, so I got to just sit in the shade and watch. With a view like this, it was wonderful.

With all the yucky fish you could see in the water, I felt like these three were brave to just dangle their feet in. I'm surprised they didn't get a sucker fish stuck to one of their toes. Yuck!

We ended our adventure with gelato, and headed home for a bbq and swimming in our pool. It was such a fun day, and we were all sad to see them head home.

0 comments: