Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Choir Concert

After a fun filled year of Choir for Abbie, it finally came to an end. A few weeks back (very late post) Abbie performed her island themed Spring Choir Concert. She tried out for an acting part, and made it which was fun. She was thrilled, and did really well at memorizing her part. I'm always telling her that she would be great at acting, but she always informs me that she doesn't want to do acting. Little does she know that this was pretty much acting. hehe

There were two beach chairs set up in front of the choir where Abbie and Emilee (the two actresses) sat during the concert. In between each song they would do a little skit about being on vacation at the beach to lead into the next song. They both did such a great job. They had a new music director at the school this year, and I think she did a fantastic job with the students.

I had to take a picture of the program, because who knows where it will end up. I have bins full of papers from programs, but I figure this is nice to have a picture of it. If you watch this first video all the way to the end, she is the one in the orange shirt speaking. Now matter how early I try to get to these performances I still always get a crapy seat.


I went to all her performances that day. It just happened that Aliza had preschool that morning and I was already at the school volunteering, so I stayed to watch it twice in the morning, and then came back that night for the parent show. As you can tell from the video's she is wearing different clothes. During the day they had to wear school uniform, and then changed into bright fun colors for the parent show. It was such a cute show. The video's don't even do it justice. Great job Abbie!

2 comments:

Emily

That's awesome Abbie! She did really well with her parts and the microphone, that's a big job!

Annette and Del

Love to watch the performances!! You and Micah should be so proud of your wonderful children....and know you are fantastic parents!!!