Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines 2011

Having Valentines Day on a Monday this year sure put a damper on doing anything too time consuming on actual Valentines day with homework and it being a school night. Abbie and Avery's classes in school actually celebrated the Friday before Valentines which I thought was smart from a teaching perspective. In all of my kids classes this year they made their own valentine boxes at school which was nice. This was Aliza's masterpiece from pre school this morning.

I tried to pack the girls lunch boxes with everything red and valentineie (I know that's not really a word) which was fun. Abbie had a well child check up that day so Abbie and Avery were able to get out of school a little bit early. They really enjoyed being checked out of school since that hardly ever happens. At her appointment we found out that she missed a chicken pox vaccine somewhere along the way, so she had to get a shot. That wasn't the greatest Valentines present, but she handled it well. We haven't seen this particular doctor for any well child check ups yet, so when she noticed that she was only in the 4th percentile she wanted to confirm with me that all my kids were very petite so she wouldn't be worried about her. Trust me, we have done all the testing before, and we just have small kids. We ended the day with a candlelight dinner and our favorite jello heart jigglers. It was a good day.

We have some friends in the ward who put together a really fun valentines party a few weeks back for adults. We were able to get a babysitter for our girls, and had a great time playing couple games and just being with other couples in our ward without the kids running around. The picture above is what Micah drew of our first date. It's crazy to think that our actual first date was in high school and we really didn't know each other very well. We just wanted all of our friends to be together and have a fun night out. We went to several school dances together, but never really dated until after his mission. Then it just all fell into place I suppose. There is nothing better than marrying someone who was a great friend first. I feel lucky to have married one of my best friends.

I'm not sure if I should post this picture because Micah was trying to be silly, and I look pregnant in the lovely shirt I'm wearing. But I'm choosing to post it to remember our fun evening. Thanks Sondrup's for a fantastic Valentines party!

3 comments:

Jenni S

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! Your party sounds fun. That is sad she had to get a shot on v-day! What a good sport. :)

kristi

I am glad that you guys came to the party. It is a fun one to throw. Your husband makes me laugh.
I hope you had a nice weekend and I need to see you soon!

Mikaela

A couple's party is such a fun idea. . . especially since when it comes to romance conversation I am not very kid friendly. Love that the doctor doubled checked about Abbie's size. . .I am preparing myself for that for the rest of Shad's life too. Miss you guys, hope you got your mailed and laughed hysterically at how I interpreted your suggestion with the packing tape. Let me know when you finally get them open. ;op