Monday, February 14, 2011

Abbie Turns 10

Abbie turned ten years old last week which is still CRAZY to me. She keeps reminding me that she is now in the double digits. AHHHH! How did this happen? Time really does go by too fast!

She started her day with her favorite breakfast of crepes with strawberries. Yum! Then I was able to go eat lunch with her in the courtyard of the school. It was really fun to have some one-on-one time with her on her special day.

Then, for dinner, she asked to have "Emily's Chicken" which is not it's name, but thats what we call it at our house. It's a recipe that my sister-in-law (Emily, hence the name) gave to us a while back, and Abbie just loves it. She decorated her own birthday cake which was fun, and she loved being creative with it.

Wow, ten candles can possibly start the smoke alarm. It's a good thing it didn't.

She is so lucky to have such wonderful family who sent her gifts so she could have them for her birthday. It was like Christmas for her at our house that evening. She had a great day!

2 comments:

Jenni S

Wow, 10!!! Love the cake. She is such a sweet girl. That's cute you went to eat with her. I asked Kaleb if he wanted me to come and eat with him on his birthday the other day and he looked at me like I was crazy! Oh well. Hahaha!

The Smith's

Hey- we have not checked out your blog for some time and wow you do so much. I just laughed (and cried) at the part where you said at Abby turning 10, "Where does the time go". Oh to be back with babies, you know, back in those Tuscany days. We never signed up for teenagers for crying out loud!
What has happened!!!
Well we got them. Love them to death, but I don't know how it all happened either. The flowers at the Bellagio are truly beautiful. We saw the year of the Dragon there as well as an Easter thing with eggs all over the ceiling.
Hope all is well with you guys, you look very happy in Vegas- Told you so!!!