Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bubble Blowing Champion

A few weeks ago Abbie's school did a bubble blowing contest. They pulled this off by saying it was a science project of some sorts in recording the different sizes of bubbles, but really I think they were just having a lot of fun. It started with a contest within her classroom which she won, and then it went to each grade level. She was really nervous to go up against all the fourth grade class winners, but she did it and won that as well.

This was getting serious so we made a special trip to the store to buy her a new pack of gum to practice for the official school bubble blowing championship. It was cute to hear her come home at night and talk about all the fourth graders wishing her luck throughout the day. The pressure was definitely on to represent her class. I'm proud to report that she came in second place for her whole school. She lost only to a third grader that must have really had some great bubble blowing skills. She was just thrilled that the fifth grader came in third. As long as she beat the fifth grader she was a winner in her books.

Whenever we have a day without a lot to do we always head over to this fun hike not to far from our house. We love it because it has a beautiful view of the city, it's just the right distance that you get a good amount of exercise, but it's not too long for the kids.

Everyone had to take turns with my silly sun glasses. They really look big on their little heads.

Cute Lizzie even had to take a turn.

Strike a pose!
It's just crazy to think that most of you still have snow. Not to rub it in or anything but the weather is so fantastic this time of year. LOVE IT!!!

5 comments:

Jenni S

That is a HUGE bubble!!! My kids wish they could do it. I'll have to show them this. How funny. I am jealous about the warm weather. We don't have snow, but it was freezing today!!!! I'm ready for spring.

Mikaela

yeah that is rubbing it in. . . but I don't hold it against you since I would be raving about the weather too. It was a beautiful 10 degrees here yesterday with the Saratoga wind on top of that. Great day to get the mail without a coat and have the mail person shove a box in that I couldn't get out of the special box thing and couldn't leave because I had already unlocked it and the keys don't come out. I was nearly in swearing fits by the time I got the silly box out of the mailbox and in the house. . . only to discover it was mostly stuff for my brother anyway. Good times. You are seriously missing out.

Melissa

Way to go Abbey!! Good job especially beating that 5th grader, you are awesome.

Also, I am extremely jealous of your beautiful weather especially since our high for today is only going to be 20 :(.

Beverly B.

Love the view!

sinika

I love your new Las Vegas picture/header- so fun!

And I love that Abbey won a bubble blowing contest... super cool.