Friday, August 27, 2010

Phillips Family Cookoff

My kids love looking through kids cookbooks. We rarely really make anything out of the kid cookbooks so I thought it would be fun to let them each pick one item to cook before school starts next week. It was interesting to see what they each picked. Originally I thought that maybe one of them would pick a main course or silly snack so we could do all of them in one day, but not my kids. They all picked dessert. Either we have a real sweet tooth at our house or there mom doesn't make actual dessert often enough. We gave each of them a night to make a dessert all by themselves.

Aliza went first with these cookie pizza's. She had a great time squishing the dough onto the pan into a pizza shape, then topping it with melted chocolate chips, marshmallow, nuts and m&m's.

Voila! The marshmallows were toasted on the cookies which made them extra yummy.

Avery went second and originally picked pumpkin pie which is one of her favorites. When we were at the store buying all the ingredients she spotted an oreo cookie pie mix that she just couldn't pass up. So we made that instead. Look at that cute toothless grin.

It wouldn't be baking without licking a few beaters with batter on them.

The finished product was really yummy!

Abbie graciously went last and picked a cherry turnover recipe which was really fun and easy to make. I never thought to actually make them before. She had a great time squishing the edges together.

Very gooey and messy, but a fun treat!

4 comments:

Jenni S

That is REALLY cute. What a great idea. They all picked such different things. That's great instead of having a million cookies. I'll have to do that.

Linda

Wow! What great looking treats..Wish I was there!
Good looking bakers too....

sinika

Great idea! My boys would love this...

Marci

You always go for dessert first! I wish my boys liked to cook more!