Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of School

The typical first day of school post. Although I wasn't ready to send them back, they seemed ready to go. Both Abbie and Avery had a great first day of school yesterday. They were so excited to see friends and get to know their new teachers.

Abbie has her first experience with a male teacher this year. Mr. Giacomino seems like a good fit for Abbie. From what we have heard he has a great mix of fun and learning (what she needs). I still can't believe that she is in 4th grade. When I dropped her off her little group of friends were so excited to see each other. So cute!

Avery has a great teacher this year named Mrs. Jones. We kind of already knew her because Abbie is friends with her daughter. We were able to meet her even before school got out last year, which I think has helped with Avery's anxiety. She even mentioned to me yesterday that she just felt comfortable in her class. I can't believe that she is in second grade already.

Aliza had to get in on the picture taking too. She will start a one day a week preschool next week with six of her friends from church. Although it is only one day a week for only a few hours I won't know what to do with myself with everyone in school. Crazy! So cute that she even did the same pose.

Did I ever mention how great school uniforms are. They are FANTASTIC!!!

6 comments:

Linda

LOVE YOUR BLOG..It's the next best thing to being there!..Beautiful girls..

Julie Hunt

They look SO cute!

Beverly B.

Yeah for school! Your girls are so beautiful!

Marci

I bet you'll find plenty of creative things to do while your girls are away. You're such a great mom!

The Smith's

Beautiful Little (but getting bigger) Girls!!! Always remember that your oldest is betrothed to Brenner!!! Just no little Las Vegas wedding chapel or Elvis priest please!!! =)

Lindz

Oh my gosh! Your girls are all getting so BIG...I can't believe it! They all look so much like you! :) I hope you enjoy your 1 day a week of freedom!! :)