Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ragnar

Micah was able to participate in his first Ragnar race back in November. His team consisted of Cole, Kristi, Kyle, Kim (Cole's mom), Bryce and himself. They started at Mr. Charleston and ended in Lake Las Vegas. There was already snow in the mountains in November which seemed crazy.


These four men ride bikes and run together each week. We are so grateful for good friends where we live.





Here is the whole team. Micah and Kim are supposedly showing the back of their t-shirts and not their back sides. They chose the name "Back Fat -N- Bones." I don't get it, but apparently it's an inside joke between the men. Sometime I think it's better that I don't know. :)
 



Micah ran a total of 18 miles over three legs of the race. They were even lucky enough to head home for a shower and quick rest while the other half of the team ran through the middle of the night. When Micah showed up at home I wasn't expecting him and was ready to watch a chick flick. I wasn't too thrilled to turn it off so he could sleep, but I did. It's funny how I make plans for myself when I know he is not going to be home. I was disappointed to lose some me time, but glad he could sleep in a real bed for a few hours.


The other half of the team consisted of Kristi's sister and friends from Utah. They were in a different car running at different times so I don't think they even saw each other until the finish.


Yay of another medal to add to Micah's collection. Good Job Micah!

0 comments: