Sunday, July 21, 2013

Girls Camp

Today is a very sad day. I was released from Young Women's and I will miss these girls terribly. I can honestly say that I have worked really hard at getting to know these amazing girls, and I have loved working with them for almost four years.  Even though I have known for months that this day was coming, it still hurts a little. It's hard knowing that your relationship with them will never be the same. They are so wonderful and I'm so glad I was able to attend girls camp with them this year. Girls Camp was amazing! I was blessed to attend three years in a row, and even better I was able to attend this year with Abbie. Our Stake did an amazing job with the theme "Stand in Holy Places." The theme also included characters from the play "Wicked." We lucked out with getting the character of Glinda the good Witch and the color pink. It was all too perfect!


Here is my partner in crime Sis Zitzmann. Just two weeks before camp our YW president decided she would not be attending camp, and also our camp director found out she was not going to be able to get off work. So, Sis Zitzmann and I tried to jump in and do all we could do to make camp amazing. We were both a bit overwhelmed considering we had been to NONE of the camp meetings over the last six months. We tried to meet with whomever we could to just make sure all our bases were covered, and of course everything worked out great.


One of my favorite activities (well a close tie with testimony meeting, parent letters, lake party and the night hike) was the "Over the Rainbow"activity. Each YW and leader was given a balloon which we attached our testimonies to.  Everything was biodegradable so it wouldn't hurt the environment including the seed paper that we wrote our testimonies on. Reason being that our testimonies would land somewhere and grow into something beautiful. We sang a hymn all together and then in complete silence let our balloons go altogether at the same time. The spirit was so strong and it was such a beautiful sight to see everyones testimonies floating away ready to continue to grow.


I had Abbie take this picture of our car. It was so hot and dusty the entire time at camp. Nothing like being hot, sticky and dirty all week. In fact it was during a heat wave that we were there. It was way too hot to be camping.


My body was as dirty as my car. I woke up the last day of camp and had to take this picture of my feet. The sad part was that I had shoes and socks on the entire time....and two showers. Yuck! 



It was an amazing week, and I loved being there with Abbie. Her favorite part was the activities (archery, zip line, and the flying monkey.) It was a great year, and I will miss not being part of it next year.

1 comments:

Jenni S

LOVE the balloon idea. Girls camp is so special, how cool you got to go with your own daughter!