Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our New Toy

Several weeks back we were given this fun new toy from my parents. My kids have been asking for a telescope for quite a while, and finally they got their wish.

Unfortunately the weather in the evenings is still a little bit too chilly to be outside, but this past weekend it was just right. We had a great time examining the moon and all it's craters.

The hardest part was waiting for dad to line it up right, and then being patient while each took a turn.

Abbie is our little science fanatic. She was really loving it!

My favorite feature is the remote control. Not only does it find the planet/stars your looking for, but while your looking at it a recording plays with all sorts of information. While we were looking at the moon it talked about it's temperature, craters, landmarks, and much more. What a fun learning tool.

We may have some future astrologers on our hands. Thanks mom and dad!!!

4 comments:

kristi

That is awesome. I am glad that your parents got it for your family. It looks like an awesome toy!

Jenni S

Wow, how fun. Great present!

Melissa

What a fun gift!! It sounds like your girls are in heaven with this new toy.

Emily

Uh - that has to been hands down the coolest telescope I've ever seen! How fun for you guys, what a great learning tool and present! I may just have to take a look myself next time I'm visiting :)