Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Aliza 4th Birthday

On March 21st our little "Lizzie" turned four years old. I made sure to spend the day doing whatever she wanted to do on her special day. Our first stop after taking her sisters to school was the party store to get a few supplies for her birthday party scheduled for the next day. We then headed over to McDonalds for a kids meal for lunch. With this being her choice for lunch she was even more thrilled when she realized that I had picked a McDonalds with a play place. I personally think those play places are so gross, but it was her birthday wish. She was so excited as we were heading inside that she gave me a great big hug and said "this is what I have always dreamed of." Well it didn't take much to please her.

When we got home from lunch all she wanted to do was play in the bathtub with her new tub toys. So that is what we did for about an hour. She then helped me make and decorate her birthday cake which was fun.

Her request for birthday dinner was pancakes. I was not going to argue with that, so that is just what we had. She even wanted to eat them with her hands and I just let it slide. It was HER birthday after all.

She seemed thrilled with her all pink cake and sprinkles.

The day after her birthday was my turn to teach preschool. The other moms were nice enough to let me just do her party on my preschool day rather than having everyone over twice in one week. We had a great time with her princess party. We played lots of fun games, made crowns, painted princess nails (in the picture), and ate cake and ice cream. This little group of girls is so much fun.

This was a great princess pinata with strings on the bottom to pull rather than whacking it with a stick. I was a little nervous about that whacking part with me being the only adult supervising. Aliza had a great birthday and we can't believe our little one is four years old.
This video is really funny if you can stand to listen to the awful singing in the background. I didn't think we sounded THAT bad, but I guess we really do. I love the big breath she takes long before it is even time to blow out the candles. Too cute!

3 comments:

Melissa

You are such a good mom letting her do exactly what she wanted for her birthday. It sounds like she had the best day ever! I love that she ate her pancake with her hands, that is a good idea to just go crazy when it is your birthday. She is a very smart girl!! Happy Birthday Aliza :)

Linda

Your blog is the next best thing to being there..We love being able to see those sweet faces!

Emily

I love all of it! What a fun age and she is so happy to have a birthday - you guys must have had so much fun!