Saturday, June 12, 2010

Settled

I had a funny realization yesterday. As I was talking to Micah on the phone chatting about our busy weekend plans I realized something. I was going over what we needed to do to prepare this weekend. Two friend BBQ's at our home, tending for two families while they go to ward temple night (us not going only because I am blessed enough to have a friend I switch babysitting with and went earlier in the week), Avery's friend pool b-day party, and not to mention that I am teaching a combined lesson with all the YW on Sunday and I needed time to prepare for. Micah simply took a deep breath and said "I think we must be settled." After many months of saying "we just moved here" which it really hasn't been THAT long I think we are finally feeling good about where we are. We still miss our family and friends more than anything, but it feels good to be "settled." Crazy to think about all we have been through the past year. Glad to have made new friends, and especially glad to be able to head home and visit old ones. We are blessed!

1 comments:

Amy

You're never supposed to be settled! You're supposed to hate it and come back. No, I really don't feel that way, even though I really miss ya. I'm happy that you are settled and have good friends. Sounds like you are really settled and really busy. I'm so glad that everything is going so well. Let me know when you are in town.