Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall Fun

There are so many things that we love about this time of year. Here are a few of our favorites.

Pumpkin patches are the best when you can pick the perfect carving pumpkin yourself. We have completely filled up grandma and grandpa's front porch. Can't wait to let the carving begin.

This is a pathetic picture of us on our way into Cornbelly's @ Thanksgiving Point. My lens was dirty, and then my battery went dead right after this picture. This is one of our favorite traditions. There is so much to do that we spent at least four hours jumping, riding, playing, and trying to make it through the corn maze (which we somehow ended up in the big corn maze from the kid corn maze and had to ask for help out. How embarrassing.) I think this is my favorite fall activity by far. We could have spent a lot more time there if it wasn't getting cold and dark. We will have to make a special trip up each year just to hit Cornbelly's.

The witches are always a must see @ Gardner Village each October. Each year we go it gets busier and busier though. We did find all of the witches on our scavenger hunt list so we could get a cookie.

Abbie getting a witch hug.

Our tradition of making carmel apples is a lot of fun. These gooey treats are the best.

Our costumes are ready to go, and the countdown is on for Halloween. We can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Melissa

So much fun!! I really should make caramel apples with my kids. I have never done that, and your kids look like they are loving them!

Jamie

Such fun traditions and such cute girls. Fall is my favorite.

Emily

I still need to try those carmel apples!! I love all of your family's fall traditions and I'm so glad you were able to still do them this year, for sure you'll have to try and go up for them next year :) It may be strange to trick or treat without coats next year!