Thursday, January 31, 2013

Our Christmas Cruise part 2

I think our favorite part of our trip was our excursion in Ensenada Mexico. We went on a bus ride up to the famous blow hole La Bufadora. Just the experience on the bus tide through Mexico was eye opening, and the coast was beautiful. Our tour guide talked the entire trip up and back from the blow hole. She gave us a lot of interesting facts on the city and my favorite part was when she mentioned that at our last stop at the city center we would get a free margarita and the kids get a Coke. She encouraged all of the parents to please let their kids experience their Coke products because they are better than in the states. All three of our girls looked at me like they had won the lottery and asked if I was really going to let them have some. They acted as if they had never had soda before. Of course we tried the Coke. Micah and I even passed up the margarita for a Coke. It was yummy. 


This is beautiful La Bufadora. The coast was beautiful and I love the smell of the ocean. This blowhole is special because it spray's continually rather than having to wait for it to come. Of course whenever I had my camera up and ready for a big spray we only got little ones, but that's just always my luck.


They had a Mexican singer there with a guitar which was fun to listen to. I was just glad no one had to use the restroom because it was 50 cents per person. They really try on make money any way they can with all the tourists.


After the blow hole we were able to do some shopping. It was so much fun letting the girls try and talk down the seller to get the items they wanted. They had all saved their money and spent most of it on this shopping trip. Aliza was in love with this little ukelele, and we went to several shops to find a blue one.


Abbie fell in love with this puppet named Maria. Avery was very generous and spent her money on necklaces and bracelets for her and her friends.


I love this picture because it shows the street lined with shops we were on. The tour guide was telling us that they had the best churros ever made, and I would have to agree. They were SO good,


I'm not sure how this got so out of order, but Micah was lifting Aliza up to see the blow hole.


They were so thrilled to watch them make a bracelet with their name on them. It was fun to watch how fast they were at making these bracelets. Not bad that they were 3 for $5 also.


Our last stop was at the city center. We were luckily able to use the bathroom for free there, and enjoyed walking around the gardens. There were fountains and statures all around.


Back on the ship Aliza was dying to try on her new dress she purchased. She has been very disappointed that she can't wear it to school. She would wear it everywhere if we would let her.


I didn't get a great shot of our formal night so I bought the expensive picture they take of you during dinner. That will be in the next post. The girls had fun getting all dressed up, and below was Aliza's darling dress she got from her Grammie.


Our last day at sea was extremely windy which meant doing anything up on the decks was pretty much out of the question. But we still know how to have a good time. The wind was so strong that you could hardly walk in front of the boat.


Everyone took turns pretending to be a bug on the windshield.





This is what else you do when it's too windy to go outside.



Nothing like taking a turn getting sandwiched int he roll away bed.


With the high winds our last dinner in the dining room Abbie wasn't feeling well. I think she felt the sea sickness the worst. I think she would have been fine if the weather was better. Aliza was very done with sitting down and eating fancy dinners so I guess it was time to go home. We were seated at dinner with another very nice family from Arizona who happened to be Mormon also. On our first night in the dining room we also noticed another family close to us all in BYU paraphernalia. One day as we were walking through the buffet area a lady approached Micah and said "hello other Mormon family." I thought that it was fun to have others with our same values on the ship and funny that we were seated with one every night for dinner.


Aliza loved being in the kids play area, and they all attended a magic show together. They even took a towel folding class that I'm just waiting to have fancy towels folded all around the house, but it hasn't happened yet. We had a great time together, and I loved spending a few days with my wonderful family.



2 comments:

Jenni S

I am loving all your Cruise updates. HOW FUN!!!!!!!!! You guys even made the windy day fun, so cute. I LOVE all the pictures and all you got to do. What a fun experience to have with your family.

Casie

SO FUN!!!! That's awesome that there were other LDS families on the ship with you. I think it's awesome you took all the kids with you!