Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Wow time flies, and now we are into the business of the Christmas Season. Right before Thanksgiving we were able to go out with my sister and her husband to a fun dinner as they were heading through Vegas. It was the week before Thanksgiving, and we were not even aware that they were lighting the tree at the District near our home, but they were. Every year the tree lightings and Christmas music creeps its way in further and further away from Christmas. We will soon be setting up our Christmas trees in September if it keeps up. We did have a fun time with them, and it was fun to see the lights.


Through the month of November we decided to keep our Thankful chart simple this year and just had a Thankful Jar. It was fun to watch is slowly fill with these little papers of everyones Thankfulness.


We did head up to Utah to visit family for Thanksgiving. We ate dinner with Micah's side of the family, and then headed back to my parents for dessert. It was so fun visiting with everyone and the kids had a great time playing in Micah's parent's back yard with their cousins. It was decent weather the entire time we were there which was nice.


I must have been really proud of my turkey relish tray because it's the only picture I took of the entire day of Thanksgiving. I thought that was pretty silly of me. What did we ever do without Pinterest ideas? [Insert Micah rolling eyes here.]

One of the days while in Utah we were able to see the movie "Wreck it Ralph" with Micah's family, and then had a great time at dinner with all of Micah's siblings and his parents. It was an all adult dinner which is rare, and even more rare that ALL of his siblings were there. It was a wonderful meal with wonderful company.



We spent a day doing crafts, bowling, and eating at the Olive Garden with my parents which was wonderful too. Abbie was given the responsibility to put the lights up outside my parent's home. She did a great job and it looked beautiful. We even made it to Temple Square this trip. The lights were beautiful, and it felt good to be home in Utah.


This is the silliness I get when I want to take a picture. No one would hold still long enough for a shot.


I loved that they started to decorate in the windows of Macy's (was ZCMI) downtown again. It brought back memories of looking in those candy filled windows as a kid myself. It was a wonderful trip, and we thoroughly enjoyed seeing and visiting with everyone.

4 comments:

sinika

I love your relish turkey- very cute!

Mikaela

Okay, yeah the relish tray looks totally awesome when it isn't three fourths devoured. It was great seeing you. I was thinking this morning I wish we had more time together. Maybe this spring or summer we can do something without kids! ;o)

The Smith's

Oh you are making it very hard to be a long way from home with such a post!!! The Candy Windows are up again?!? I to remember those as a kid! We hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Casie

I LOVED catching up on your blog. And I'm definitely making the turkey relish tray next year! So cute! And festive!