Friday, November 18, 2011

Meet Ava

A few weeks back we added a new member to our family. Truthfully everyone in the family wanted a dog, but me. To my defense I knew I would be the one having to take care of the dog, and I just wasn't ready for that kind of commitment. After years of debate on what animal to get, and begging from the kids, Micah and I decided to settle on a cat. I said yes only knowing that they pretty much take care of themselves, and if we go on vacation we won't have to worry about boarding her or anything. I knew that an animal would be good for our kids, and she really has been wonderful. It may be crazy, but the first time I saw her, I knew she was the right one. I even went home and thought about it over the weekend, but when I went back on Monday she was still there, and I knew I needed to take her home with me.

She is so sweet, and lets my girls basically maul her. She will just sit on their laps for hours letting them pet her, and follows them around the house just as happy as can be. She has never scratched or bit anyone to hurt them. And when friends are over, and it gets a bit crazy she will hide under my bed and then come out when our visitors go home.

Now, the funniest part is that Micah is her very favorite. He would really like to have nothing to do with her, but she sleeps right by him every night. She will follow him around at night after the kids have gone to bed, and then will only go to bed with him when he lays down to sleep. She will even get right in his face in the morning just begging for his attention. It's so funny. Micah doesn't really think so, but it really is hilarious.

4 comments:

Emily

I think it's funny how we've talked the last little while, but apparently not enough to know about the cat! ha ha! I say good for you for pushing for the cat, because it is a lot of work for the mom. And I also find it hilarious that Ava likes Micah best - he he ;) Can't wait to meet her in person.

Sasha

Ava is really cute! I don't blame Micah; I'm sure he has told you stories about our Grandma Lelia and her cats!!!! :)

Melissa

I love the newest member of your family!! I am glad she makes your kids happy, you are such a nice mom. Maybe the cat know it needs to work harder for Micah's affection :).

Julie Hunt

I think it is hilarious that the cat likes Micah the best! TOO FUNNY!!!