Sunday, August 28, 2011

Timpanogos Half Marathon

I needed to post my great accomplishment this Summer. Below is a picture of my good friends Wendy and Janae from my ward who talked me into running this half-marathon with them. I never thought I would be one to do it, but it was a blast. We prepared for months for this day, even getting up at 4 a.m. some mornings to beat the Vegas heat. Through all of it I got to know these ladies really well, and I really looked forward to our morning work outs together.

This is us at 3:30 in the morning ready to catch the bus up American Fork Canyon. It was pitch black all up the canyon, and the sun just started to come up as we started the race. It was so beautiful all the way down the mountain, and the sound of the creek running alongside the road made it even more wonderful. I loved that all three of us stuck together the entire way. We started together and finished together which really helped me keep going. Crossing that finish line was such an accomplishment for me, and I'm so grateful that I was able to do it.