Thursday, July 7, 2011

Avery's Baptism

Avery was baptized on Saturday, July 2nd at our home ward here in Henderson. It was such a wonderful experience for all of us, and she was smiling from ear to ear the entire day. We had a lot of family travel in from Utah, and quite a few friends in the ward who came to see her baptism. We felt so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends who were willing to support her on this special day.

This is her baptism dress that she picked out all by herself. She did look beautiful, and I was glad that it was a great material to be wearing in our hot Summer weather. It was completely comfortable, and she loves it.

I fell so blessed to have a wonderful husband who is worthy to baptize our children. Everything went smoothly, and I think Avery was pleased with the whole day's activities.

Abbie was willing to play a piece for the program on her violin and she did an excellent job. I had a hard time finding something for her to play here in Nevada, so by the time we ordered and received it in the mail she didn't have a lot of practice time. She played a version of "Jesus Came to John the Baptist" and did a beautiful job.

I let Avery pick who did what on the program and she thought it would be fun to have all girls, so that's what we did (except for her dad and the two witnesses). They all did a great job.

We had two little photo shoots with Avery in the park by our house to get some good shots of her in her baptism dress. My wonderful sister in law came one day from St. George and did a great job taking some pictures for me. Here are just a couple of my favorites. I could post lots and lots, so I tried to limit myself to two. They are all beautiful.



3 comments:

Melissa

She looks beautiful!! That is such a cute dress. Congratulations on your choice to be baptised Avery!

Annette and Del

Congratulations Avery. I love your baptism dress! You look so beautiful and so grown up. You have a wonderful family.
Kenzy where did you order the music from? I always try to rewrite the songs for my LDS violin students, I do have a nice violin version of "I Am A Child of God" that I teach all my LDS violin students. If you want a copy I could send it to you. I would love to have a copy of "Jesus Came to John the Baptist", Please let me know. I have the same problem with church music here in Connecticut. Maybe we could share arrangements.
Your daughters are so beautiful you and Micah must be so proud.

Jenni S

She is so sweet. What a great day. She looks beautiful.