Thursday, January 13, 2011

About a week ago I was in my bedroom folding laundry when I heard a little voice saying "I'm a little bit scared, I'm a little bit scared" very quietly. I turned around to find Aliza IN a laundry basket trying to slide down the stairs. She was holding onto the railing on one side ready for take off. Yes, mom did run over to rescue before any damage was done. She doesn't get the nick name "Busy-Lizzie" for no reason I suppose.

Aside from her being the most adventurous of all our kids, she is such a great little buddy to have with me everyday. After the other girls go to school she follows me around the house doing our daily chores. Her favorite chore is helping me rinse off the dishes to put in the dish washer. As you can see from the picture above we usually end up with water everywhere, but that's okay. She even loves to scrub the bathrooms with me....anyone want to take bets how many years I have until she discovers that it's not a fun job to clean a bathroom? It's just killing me to think that she will be in school full time in just a year and a half. That will be a sad day for me.

We now have the dreaded one o'clock church time. Last week I was trying to have a positive attitude about it and realized that it really isn't all that bad. Micah doesn't have to be at the church until ten o'clock rather than six o'clock in the morning, and we can spend some time just doing this before getting ready for the day. With us not having any family get togethers on Sunday evenings we have enjoyed playing games and spending time together before and after church. Maybe it will be okay after all (or at least I'll tell myself that until next year).

5 comments:

kristi

I hear you. I hate 1:00 church. My kids have actually been great the past few weeks though. They have gotten themselves dressed and ready. I just miss the afternoon resting but it is nice to have the evening fall as we are coming home. I hope the feeling lasts all year.

Jenni S

That bed picture is just so sweet. I love it. I'm glad you rescued her before she took a trip down the stairs - haha, that would scare me to death!

Mikaela

I laughed so hard reading this I actually scared Shad and made him start crying. Maybe Lizzie can help him be a little more adventurous .. . . also, I remember growing up we would slide down our stairs on a plastic saucer sled. I am still amazed my parents let us do this since our old house had a stairway that ended with a narrow hall that had a brick wall for a fireplace on the other side. Miraculously we all survived. I am sure that turn in the staircase would have stopped her from going too fast ;op

Emily

Way to look on the bright side about 1:00p.m. church! I love how Lizzy is your little helper, I need to be better about letting Brooklyn "help" with more and taking it slower because the little ones always want to do what we do. Hopefully she never learns bathrooms are icky ;)

Lindz

How cute is that picture of your girls and Micah in bed reading books!! We have the dreaded 1 pm church time too!! :( Just got caught up on your blog....can't believe that you have a 10 year old!! WOW!