Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Talent Show


Abbie and Avery were lucky enough to participate in their school talent show today. This was unlike any elementary school talent show we have ever seen. First they tried out in their classroom where the students voted two people from each class to try out for a group of teachers. Then they had a try out for the teachers where only 15 out of the school were able to perform in the actual talent show. I was lucky enough to be there for the try outs and some of these students were amazing. It takes a lot of guts to get up there and perform in front of your peers. I'm glad that I was not in charge of picking the final performers. The teachers liked both Abbie and Avery and knowing that they were sisters asked if they could do a duet. At first Abbie was not thrilled with the idea, but as soon as we informed her that if they performed together that would leave one more spot open for another performer she gladly agreed.


We quickly threw this little number together. Considering that the girls just barely started playing their violins again after the move they did alright. I recorded this yesterday at their last practice because I knew that I wouldn't have a great seat at the actual performance. I'm so glad I did record it the day before because the cafeteria was crowded. They did three performances in one day to squeeze all the classes in. They had students doing everything in the show from announcers to stage crew. It was so much fun to watch the final show. Abbie and Avery did a great job and we are very proud of them.

6 comments:

The Kohler Family

How cute! Your girls are darling and they did a GREAT job!

Jenni S

That was adorable!

Annette and Del

As a violin player myself!!! The girls did FABULOUS!!! They are so sweet, I loved the video and especially the hard work they put into the tryouts!! You are such good parents, and all of the girls are beautiful.

Emily

Oh my gosh - how awesome that they were picked! They did such a great job too - super cute outfits! Good job girls!

Amy

Love it! They are amazing! What a fun thing to participate in.

Nielson

Love it! They are adorable--great job!