Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We're Moving

This is a picture of one of the saddest days I have had in a long time. I thought we would never move. Yes, Micah and I are always looking at houses. We always talked about moving closer to his work, but honestly I never wanted to move out of our neighborhood. We live in such a great area, and just love our ward. In fact I can't imagine moving after being here for almost eight years. This is HOME... But, sometimes there is a different plan that we are not aware of until it happens.

Micah was offered a great opportunity in Las Vegas of all places. He will still be working for the same company, but would be crazy to say no to this carrier opportunity. As many times as I have cried the past few weeks I'm starting to come to grips with it. I think the hardest part so far was when the "stager" came to take pictures of our home. She kept saying how beautiful it was (that's just her job), but it was so hard to think of how much work we have put into our home. It was so hard to hold back the tears and put on a smile. We are having so many people look at it that it is driving me crazy. With it being Summertime, and kids being home it is hard to keep things looking perfect all of the time. Hopefully someone will love it as much as we have and make us a great offer soon. 
BEFORE
(It wasn't really that bad. We took down everything before I thought to take a picture.)

Micah and I have been racking our brain as to what we can do to make our home sell faster. One night we were having a few agents coming through our home so I thought it would be fun to meet at IKEA to pass the time. That night we got home at 9:00p.m. and decided to redecorate our master bathroom. 
AFTER

We have painted just about every room in the house except for this one. We decided a huge mirror would make the space look a lot bigger, and we had a few quarts of paint left over from test samples we didn't like. We mixed all the quarts together (hopefully they don't ever ask us what color we used) and just went with whatever color came out of it. Throw in a few clearance rugs from Target and tada. We actually had a lot of fun and joked that we totally could do one of those make over shows. In three hours I think we made a great improvement. It needs a few decorations, but it looks much nicer. We should have done this years ago.

7 comments:

Nielson

I understand completely! That neighborhood was the greatest.... And all of our "little" projects finally were finished so that our house would sell faster too--including our bathroom :) I still miss all of our renovations--things that we did that created memories, but I have pictures--we'll just make new memories :) Good luck! Oh, and I would always leave cookies and bottled water, seemed to leave a good impression on people :)

Amy

That first picture is so sad. :( I don't want you to move, but I know how it is when work takes you out of state. your house is amazing and you are so great at decorating it so nicely. Your master bath looks wonderful . . . great job! I wish I could buy your house. :)

Laura Ayers

Wow! I'm always begging Len to look for jobs in Vegas, Boise or somewhere that has a better cost of living :) I'm excited for you guys! GOOD LUCK!!!! I'll bet you love it. Carole moved too- we should have had lunch with the old Amex gang before. Your house is darling- my cousin is looking for homes here in the low 200's. Is your home in that price range?

The Smith's

Wow! We know just how you feel and understand the mix of emotions you are feling. We are so excited for you as it will be an adventure full of new expieriences, and that is what this life is all about~ right~ our expieriences?!?!
Just think if you never left "Tuscany", Although it was a great time of life, what you would have have missed? Although it is hard to say see ya later (not Goodbye) to things/relationships that we seem atatched to at the moment~ We know that "great things" are in store in Las Vegas for you guys!
Why could it not have been a job in Atlanta??? =)
Good luck with all the transition and your new adventure, and make sure to have fun with it!

Charlotte

I am really sad to think of not ever running into you guys any more. I am so glad we have the blogging world to keep tabs on you! Great job on the bathroom. Hope your house sells quickly for you! Good luck!

Emily

Oh man, it is weird to see that sign in front of your house! We're excited for you new adventures, but totally understand the emotions you are feeling! The master bathroom looks awesome - you guys did a great job, hopefully you can help me decorate our new place. :)

Melissa

That looks awesome!! You guys are so brave. I don't think I would ever have done that, but it really does look incredible. I am so sad at the news of you moving. I always told Dave we would never move, unless all of our good neighbors moved....I hope this isn't the start of great neighbors leaving. We sure think alot of your family!!!